If you believe that a child or young person is at IMMEDIATE risk, you should treat this as an emergency and call the academy, or call 999 to report your concerns to the Police.
Our safeguarding personnel (as of September 2019) are as follows:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr Tom Moore – Principal
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads: Mrs J Osborne, Mr A Perkins and Mrs A Mehigan
- Persons responsible for children with medical conditions: Mrs L Featherstone (Inclusion and Well-being Lead) and Mrs J Osborne (Community Liaison Officer)
- Child Looked After Coordinator: Mrs L Featherstone
- Online Safety Coordinator: Mrs A Mehigan
- Additional Members of the Safeguarding Team: Emma Elwin (Safeguarding Lead for LAT) and Enno Chinosa (Safeguarding Governor)
Most children enjoy generally happy childhood experiences within their own family. Unfortunately for some this is not the case. During difficult family times, everyone who knows the child must do the best they can to protect them from future harm.
You may be concerned about a child or young person. You may or may not know them, or even their name. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Abuse can take many different forms, such as neglect, sexual abuse, physical abuse and even emotional abuse.
Don’t assume that someone else will take responsibility and make that phone call. You could help to save a child’s life.
If you are worried, report it.
Please contact Specialist Children’s Services or the Police immediately.
- Kent Central Duty Team
Telephone: 03000 411111
Fax: 03000 412345
- Emergency Out of Hours
Telephone: 03000 419191
- Kent Police Child Abuse Investigation Unit: 01622 690 690
If you need to advise us of a child or young person moving into Kent from another area, please contact the Safeguarding Unit on: 01622 694157