Oaks Primary Academy is a learning place where we want everyone to succeed and thrive.
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games gave us a once in a lifetime opportunity to inspire the nation to enjoy sport and develop healthy life styles. The Government is determined to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the Games and introduced new funding arrangements for schools from September 2013 to improve the quality of sport and PE for all children in primary schools.
Oaks Primary Academy 2018 – 2019 allocation was £17,880.
If you would like to view the breakdown of the Sports Premium expenditure, then please click on the relevant links below:
- Sports Premium Grant 2023 – 2024 Expenditure
- Sports Premium Grant 2020 – 2021 Expenditure
- Sports Premium Grant 2019- 2020 Reviewed
We are using this to enhance the quality and breadth of our PE provision for Oaks children by:
- Employing our own specialist PE coach to improve the quality of PE teaching and learning.
- Increasing participation in school sport by running additional after school PE clubs.
- Providing opportunities for more children to participate in sporting tournaments and fixtures.
- Organising healthy schools week in the summer term.
We are confident that many pupils will benefit as a result of this enhanced funding.
Year 6 Swimming Results 2020/21
Despite missing a year of swimming due to the pandemic, Year 6 pupils achieved brilliantly in their final term, demonstrating their resilience and retention of skills. They had been well on track in Yr 4 to achieve their 25m plus and were only able to attend 6 sessions of swimming in that final term. Although the total number of pupils achieving 25m plus was slightly lower than originally hoped, 8 children achieved 100m plus which is an amazing achievement. All pupils also participated in water safety training.