Admissions Procedures and Policy
Your first point of contact with Oaks Primary Academy is usually at the School Office, which is open between 8.30am – 3:45pm daily and you can contact us on 01622 755960 or via email at email@example.com
- In Year Casual Admission: If you wish your child to start at Oaks Primary Academy as a result of moving into the area and/or transferring from another school for educational reasons, please contact the academy directly if you wish to place your child on the list for future entrants.
- For new Reception children: A KCC ‘Reception Common Application Form’ will need to be completed (this is an online process), expressing Oaks Primary Academy as your first preference. The office staff will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. Kent County Council’s website on School Admission can be found here.
Before making an application for an in-year admission you will need to contact the Academy directly and arrange a visit and meeting with one of our senior members of staff. If we have places available, you are more than welcome to have a look around the academy and we can answer any questions you may have. Please contact us to make an appointment.
We have specific dates and times for Open Days each year for our new reception intake – we publish dates online in September/October time for the following year’s intake into Reception. All forms should be completed and returned to the school by the deadline indicated on the form.
Allocation of Places
Places will be allocated according to the published criteria in priority order
- Children in Care and previously Looked After Children
- Children of Oaks Primary Academy Teaching Staff
- Sibling living inside the catchment area.
- Other children living inside the catchment area
- Sibling outside the catchment area
Parents do not legally have to send their children to school until the term after they are five. We find in practice, due to effective transition procedures, children younger than five cope well in their first year with our wonderful staff who have particular skills with our youngest children.
Older children are admitted to the school if we have a vacancy in their year group.
If you have any difficulty completing the KCC forms please do not hesitate to contact the school office, where we will do our best to help.
If your child is due to start primary school in September 2021 you can appeal between 16th April -17 May 2021 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 16 July 2021. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 schools days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 schools days of the appeals being lodged.