Our Vision at Oaks:
All children are prepared for the future with scientific skills and language taught through the Primary Years Programme. We provide a range of hands-on engaging opportunities based on child-led inquiry which will develop pupils’ Science Capital. This learning stimulates pupils’ curiosity to further inquire about the world around them, developing a life-long love of science.
Science at Oaks is good when…
- We are THINKERS: We extend and expand our knowledge.
- We are RISK-TAKERS: It is inspiring, fun and engaging.
- We are COMMUNICATORS:We work collaboratively.
- We are KNOWLEDGEABLE: We use scientific vocabulary.
- We are INQUISITIVE: We find answers to questions through testing our own experiments.
- We are OPEN-MINDED: It is meaningful and real.
At Oaks, we are raising the profile of Science within the PYP, creating meaningful Science that pupils can immerse themselves in. We are working hard to achieve the PSQM (Primary Science Quality Mark) which will help guide us in the right direction as well as promoting a life-long love of science.
As well as embarking on the PSQM journey, pupils are also taking part in CREST Awards. Pupils will complete 8 Science based activities throughout British Science Week and beyond to increase their curiosity and passion for science.