We hope this letter finds you well.
Everyone will agree that the past 18 months have been challenging and unlike any other we have known, yet the children have remained ever resilient and, in many ways, modelled to us how to be adaptable in unprecedented times.
Going forward, the intention is to regain some sense of what we consider as normality in the school day. Throughout the year we have had to alter protocols, schedules and bubbles in order to adhere to government guidance. With many of the restrictions being lifted/changed, we are now able to gradually adapt our procedures accordingly.
From Wednesday 1st September:
- We will no longer have children and staff working in bubbles;
- In the morning, all children will once again enter the school via the main gate on Mangravet Avenue opposite the parade of shops.
- Nursery children will enter school between 8:45am and 8:50am, where they will be greeted by their members of staff and walked up to their class.
- All pupils from Reception to Year 6 will be permitted to enter between 8:50am to 9:00am.
- The gates will remain open during this time, allowing parents to see their children to the main gate where they will leave them to filter in and walk up the pathway and into school.
- Members of staff will be strategically placed up the pathway and towards the hall doors to welcome and guide the children into school and down to their classes as before.
- Adults will not be allowed on site at the start of the school day unless they have a confirmed pre-booked appointment with the Community Clinic (we are starting this clinic again to allow parents and carers to share information and pass on messages concerning their child). Please book via; CLO@oaksprimaryacademy.org.uk
- In the afternoon, the main gate will open at 3:05pm, allowing parents to filter onto the school site in preparation for their children to be dismissed.
- Nursery will be dismissed at 3:10pm from the Nursery outdoor area.
- Years 1 and 2 will be dismissed at 3:10pm on the KS1 playground next to the Nursery outdoor area.
- Years 3-6 will be dismissed at 3:10pm on the KS2 playground staggered in location between the office and the school kitchen. Please make yourself visible to the class teacher. Upon picking up your child(ren), please exit via the main gate.
Over the Summer, the academy and Trust teams will be working hard to get the site ready for the new academic year. This includes changes to the lower school toilets improving safeguarding and child-friendly access in one block, the removal of social distancing signage and guidance and the reorganisation of classrooms.
We would like to thank you all for your continued support during these times and we are really looking forward to seeing you all again in September.
Have a wonderful Summer break!